My friend Alice and I checked out this new place at St Clements – The Coconut Tree – and I can say for sure, you should check it out too!
Here are a couple of reasons why you just have to go there for cocktails and dinner.
1. The Coconut Tree is the only Shri Lankan restaurant in Oxford
Everyone needs to give Chinese and Indian takeaways a break once in a while!
2. Affordable & Delicious Small Plates
I generally like the idea of having more small plates to be able to try more – going for just one large exotic dish can be a gamble! There is a variety of plates and they come in different sizes, generally reflective of the price.
3. Best fried cheese you will ever try
4. Most of the menu is veggie
5. Delicious COCOTAILS
Who doesn’t like a cultural twist on a classic, yet boring cocktail? Well, I sure am a fan – full cocktails list here.
6. They offer take-away
You don’t have to stay there to enjoy their food – they will pack them up for you in cute boxes. Takeaway menu available here.
7. It’s in a convenient location – St Clems & East Oxford
8. By drinking their ‘Drunken Shi Lankan Cocotail, you are supporting elephants!
To find out how, watch the video below.
9. Friendly Staff & Great Atmosphere.
They really are so nice and helpful, and the decor is lovely!
10. I came back again within a week
…And if you’re still not convinced, have a look at the vlog 🙂